- What is the conference about?
The Behavioral Safety Now Conference, held annually in October, is the premier venue for collecting cutting-edge ideas and strategies for using behavioral technology to achieve your safety goals.
- Where and when is the conference?
The Behavioral Safety Now Conference will be held October 9-11 at the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino in Reno, Nevada (2500 E 2nd St, Reno, NV, 89595).
- What time does the conference begin and end?
The conference officially kicks off at 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday, October 10th, 2018. It ends at 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 11, 2018. We also offer pre-conference workshops led by leaders in the field on Tuesday, October 9th, 2018.
- What are pre-conference workshops?
The pre-conference workshops are led by industry leaders and provide participants with in-depth information and discussion around the topic. There are both morning and afternoon sessions on October 9, 2018.
- For whom is this conference?
The Behavioral Safety Now conference includes an educational program for all levels of employees, including top management, supervisors and employees who:
- Want to learn how to integrate behavioral safety into their organization.
- Desire to update their knowledge on behavioral safety “best-industry practices.”
- Find it rewarding to share and compare their behavioral safety experiences with their peers.
Sessions cover topics such as Serious incident prevention, Safety culture, Employee engagement, Behavior-based safety, Coaching, Safety leadership, Proactive solutions, Performance improvement, Safety measurement, and more.
- What is the conference dress code?
As long as you are comfortable, we are happy.
Cost & Payment
- Is there early bird registration for the conference?
Yes, Early Bird registration is available until May 31, 2018.
- How much is general registration?
Registration fees for the conference and pre-conference workshops can be found here.
- What’s included in the cost of conference?
The conference fee includes:
- Continental breakfast and lunch each day
- Afternoon refreshments daily
- Conference tote bag
- Access to all Wednesday and Thursday sessions and BSN Exhibition
- Note: the conference fee does not include the pre-conference workshops
- How can I get a discount off of my registration fee?
- Can I pay less if I only attend one day of the conference?
- How do I register for conference?
You can register online using this handy online portal which can be found in our registration section.
- Can I pay by check?
Our online system only accepts payment via credit card. If you require payment via a check, please register online and follow the directions for check payments.
- Can I pay on-site?
We do allow on-site registrations and payment. You will need to complete a form at the registration area and submit payment in the amount due for your registration.
- Can I transfer my registration to another person?
- Can I get my registration refunded?
- When can I register until?
The online registrations officially close on October 5, 2018. We do allow on-site registrations if needed (see above).
- What meals are provided?
Your conference fee includes a continental breakfast, lunch, and afternoon refreshment break each day of the conference.
- What if I have a food allergy/intolerance of some sort?
Transportation & Accommodations
- Where do I stay while attending the conference?
The BSN guest block is reserved at the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino, Reno, Nevada and is available for the nights of Friday, October 5th through Friday, October 12th. Be sure to book by September 4, 2018! If you require rooms earlier or later than the dates included in our room block, please be aware that regular hotel rates may apply. Go here for more info.
- How do I get to the hotel?
Complimentary Shuttle: The Grand Sierra Resort and Casino is proud to provide a complimentary shuttle for our hotel guests to and from the Reno-Tahoe International Airport. We are located 2.5 miles and 8 minutes drive time from the airport.
- Shuttle pick-up and drop-off is located by the front desk in the porte-cochere.
- Shuttle service runs 4:15 a.m. - 12:15 a.m. everyday, with a shuttle approximately every 15 minutes.
Hotel Address & Phone: Grand Sierra Resort and Casino — 2500 E 2nd St, Reno, NV, 89595 — 775-789-2000 | Toll Free: 800-501-2651
Is the venue wheelchair accessible?
Yes, the hotel is wheelchair accessible.
Speakers & Presenters
- What if I want to speak/present at the conference?
Applications are now open to present during our breakout sessions. For more information about our selection criteria and how to apply, visit this page. Applications will be accepted until July 1, 2018.
- What is the schedule for the conference?
Please continue to check back for updates on our 2018 line-up of keynotes, speakers and workshops. And while you're waiting for details, check out an online version of last year's 2017 agenda from last year's conference.
- Can I choose to attend only some of the sessions/events?
We want you to make the best use of your time with us, so we encourage attending as much as you can. However, your attendance at sessions and/or events is up to your discretion.
- When will the exhibition be open?
The exhibition will be open Wednesday and Thursday from 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- How can I exhibit at BSN2018?
Please visit this page for details.
- I have a question that hasn’t been answered. Where can I ask?